Sign up to receive RecycleForce newsletter and additional recycling tips
In conjunction with America Recycles Day on November 15, RecycleForce is issuing the RecycleIndy Challenge to businesses, organizations and communities throughout Central Indiana. The challenge? To collect 500,000 lbs of electronics for recycling through special events from November 1-17.
America Recycles Day, a program of Keep America Beautiful, is the only nationally recognized day and community-driven national awareness initiative dedicated to promoting and celebrating recycling in the United States. Since its inception in 1997, communities across the country have organized events for America Recycles Day on November 15 to promote recycling awareness, commitment and action.
The RecycleIndy Challenge highlights the importance of recycling as a means of economic development and job creation as well as an opportunity to trim greenhouse gas emissions, reduce pollution, save energy and conserve resources by extracting few virgin materials from the earth.
RecycleIndy Corporate Challenge - Nov. 1 – 7
Businesses and organizations around Indianapolis will collect electronics for recycling during the first seven days of November. Participants with the most recycling will be recognized at the celebration at City Market on Saturday, Nov. 17.
If your organization would like to participate in the RecycleIndy Challenge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kick-Off Saxony Saturday - Nov. 10 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
We'll kick-off our public events with a recycling collection at IU Health Saxony in Fishers, 13000 E. 136th St. Exclusive to this collection event, All Shred will provide on-site document shredding, which will then be recycled.
Rush Hour Recycling
On November 14-16, “Rush Hour Recycling” collections will be held in various locations around Central Indiana. The concept is simple: commuters are encouraged to load up their vehicles with old electronics. The recycling sites are full-service – just pop the trunk and staff will unload recyclables and have commuters on their way to work.
RecycleIndy Wednesday - Nov. 14 (7 a.m. – 9 a.m.)
• Big Car Service Center, 3819 Lafayette Rd., Indianapolis
• Irvington Presbyterian Church, church parking lot along Audobon behind the Irvington Public Library, Indianapolis
• Indy Express Bus, parking lot of Meijer in Carmel, 1424 W. Carmel Dr.
America Recycles Day Thursday RHR Locations - Nov. 15
Morning (7 a.m. - 9 a.m.)
• Second Presbyterian Church, 7700 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis
• Indy Express Bus, parking lot of Prairie View at Crosspoint in Fishers, 10711 Horse Creek Court (Corner of Lantern Rd. & 106th St.)
Afternoon (2 p.m. - 6 p.m.)
• Craig Park, 10 E. Smith Valley Rd., Greenwood
IU Health Rush Hour Recycling Friday - Nov. 16 (7 a.m. – 9 a.m.)
• Riley Hospital for Children Simon Family Tower, 705 Riley Hospital Dr., Indianapolis
• IU Health Methodist Hospital, corner of 18th St. & Capitol Ave., Indianapolis
• IU Health University Hospital, corner of North St. & Blake St., Indianapolis
• IU Health Call Center, 251 N. Shadeland, Indianapolis
Super Saturday - Nov. 17 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
The RecycleIndy Challenge wraps up with public recycling collections around Central Indiana.
• Kroger, 4202 S. East St., Indianapolis
• Kroger, 5718 Crawfordsville Rd., Speedway
• Conner Prairie, 13400 Allisonville Rd., Fishers
• Indy Winter Farmers Market, 222 E. Market St., Indianapolis
RecycleIndy Challenge Celebration - Saturday, Nov. 17 (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
Join us for a celebration of the RecycleIndy Challenge at City Market, 222 E. Market St.
We will honor the winners of the Employee Recycling Drives, hear live music by Mike Milligan & Steam Shovel, and enjoy hot cider and other fall goodies.
*A complete list of all items accepted for recycling can be found here.